Richard Thomas C.A.
Richard is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years experience in corporate and private taxation. He is a Member of Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand and sits on the board of the CA Advisory Group. Through the JT&P Connect network, Richard connects with business and high net worth private clients on areas including:
- Capital Gains Tax including Small Business Capital Gains Tax
- Family tax structuring
- Wealth succession planning
- Succession planning
- Effective tax strategies for start-up entities
- Commercial advice for equity participants
- Business planning
- Family Charitable Foundations
- Investing in Australia
- Virtual CFO advisory
- Innovation and Commercialisation
- Business Insurance
- Corporate/Business banking
- Private Equity
- Family Office advisory
- Property Advocacy
- Corporate and Private legal matters
Richard’s other interests include:
- Philanthropy – as a Director and the Treasurer of the Cathy Freeman Foundation
- Music & Stage Performance – as a lead performer in several musical productions and guest soloist at major public events
- Clubs – Melbourne Cricket Club, Collingwood Football Club, The Australian Club, RACV Club and Toorak Services Club
- Sport – golf, cricket and Australian Rules football.
- Alumni – Carey Baptist Grammar School and Swinburne University
Sam Claringbold C.A.
Sam joined as partner of JT&P after 16 years with Pricewaterhouse Coopers in working in their private clients and external audit divisions in Melbourne and overseas. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and is an ASIC Registered Company Auditor. He has experience in auditing and advising a wide range of businesses including ASX listed companies, multi-nationals and privately owned business.
Sam’s area of expertise:
- Corporate and SMSF external audit
- Internal audit and risk management
- Internal controls and corporate governance
- Financial due diligence
- Management accounting and outsourced finance functions
- Accounting advice
Janelle Clarke C.A.
Janelle joined Jeffrey Thomas & Partners in 2006 after completing a Bachelor of Business in Accountancy at RMIT University. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Registered Tax Agent.
Janelle specialises in tax compliance and business services, assisting a broad range of clients with both basic compliance needs and specialised tax advice. Janelle is a Registered Tax Agent and a CA SMSF Specialist.
Janelle’s area of expertise:
- Tax & Advisory