Richard Thomas C.A.
Richard started professional life at Coopers & Lybrand before joining JT&P in 2000 shortly after the merge with Price Waterhouse. He is a Chartered Accountant with over 20 years’ experience in Taxation, and has taught the Taxation module for the Institute of Chartered Accountants ‘CA Program’ for 10 years. Richard is Managing Partner of the Firm.
Richard’s area of expertise:
- Capital Gains Tax including Small Business Capital Gains Tax
- Family tax structuring
- Business tax structuring
- Succession planning
- Effective tax structuring for start-ups
- Dispute management between equity holders
- Business planning
- Family Charitable Foundations
- Investing in Australia for international investors
- Tax advisory for the Sports, Media and Entertainment industries
Sam Claringbold C.A.
Sam joined as partner of JT&P after 16 years with Pricewaterhouse Coopers in working in their private clients and external audit divisions in Melbourne and overseas. He is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia and is an ASIC Registered Company Auditor. He has experience in auditing and advising a wide range of businesses including ASX listed companies, multi-nationals and privately owned business.
Sam’s area of expertise:
- Corporate and SMSF external audit
- Internal audit and risk management
- Internal controls and corporate governance
- Financial due diligence
- Management accounting and outsourced finance functions
- Accounting advice
Janelle Clarke C.A.
Janelle joined Jeffrey Thomas & Partners in 2006 after completing a Bachelor of Business in Accountancy at RMIT University. She is a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a Registered Tax Agent.
Janelle specialises in tax compliance and business services, assisting a broad range of clients with both basic compliance needs and specialised tax advice. Janelle is a Registered Tax Agent and a CA SMSF Specialist.
Janelle’s area of expertise:
- Tax & Advisory